Newborn ~ What to Expect
What to Expect
The first few days after baby is born go by so quickly. Adjusting to having a baby in the house (or having any additional child) and keeping everything in order takes up a lot of your time and before you know it, your baby is already 2 months old. Capturing these special moments within the first 2 weeks of being born will allow for memories to be captured that will be treasured for many years to come.
When to Book?
You can contact me anytime during your pregnancy and I will book a session close to your due date. Newborn sessions are best done within the first 14 days after baby has been born. Babies at this young age enjoy being wrapped up and can easily be posed into the cute poses while sleeping. After 2 weeks, baby acne can kick in and even though I do re-touch my images, excessive baby acne can sometimes be very hard to remove completely.
How Long Is The Session?
Ideally we should be done in about 2 to 4 hours with your session, depending on baby.
Your babies safety is very important when coming into my studio. If at any time your baby looks uncomfortable whilst in a certain pose/ prop, I will immediately move baby or remove baby from the prop. I will never force baby into a position he/she is not comfortable in nor will I put baby in any sort of danger to achieve any image.
Sanitising of Studio:
A face mask will be worn during the session and my hands will be constantly sanitised before and after touching baby or any props. All props and items used in studio are cleaned and sanitised before and after each session.
Preparing for The Session ~ Newborn
Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind for your upcoming session:
1) If at all possible, please try to keep baby awake for about 2 hours prior to the session. If baby arrives sleepy at studio, we are able to start immediately and get all those precious sleepy poses.
2) Giving baby a warm bath prior to the session also helps keeping them relaxed and happy.
3) Schedule babies feed just before leaving the house or just before arriving at the studio (Depending on the distance you need to travel).
4) Please dress baby in loose-fitting or a zip/ button-down baby grow to prevent any clothing lines on the skin.
5) It is important that you are comfortable during your session. Please feel free to bring along some snacks that you can enjoy whilst I am busy with baby. These sessions can take up to 4 hours sometimes so bringing a book or something to keep you entertained will be a good idea.
6) Should there be younger siblings, please try arrange for them to come closer to the end of the session. (I will notify you during the session). This will aid in no disruptions with baby during the session. Should this not be possible, please bring a few toys with you to keep them busy.